On today’s episode, our guest is Roger Glenn of Mach 1 Media out of Austin, Texas. He’s working on a Craft Commerce build for a furniture store, and we lay the groundwork for the most flexible, efficient, and future-proof way to set up the site.
We start by looking at the big picture and walk through the process and steps all the way down to the nitty gritty details of how to plan and implement the site in a way that makes sense to the client as well as to shoppers.
If you’re a developer who’s buildingdeveloping Craft Commerce stores, you’ll find this episode useful as we explore how to handle some of the complexities of multiple variants, SKUs, and manufacturers.
- How to deal with multiple large catalogues from separate manufacturers in the most efficient way possible
- Planning: have a discussion with the client and create a spreadsheet
- Looking at the way competitors are structured and the way people shop
- How to treat SKUs, dimensions, variations, attributes, and how to use channels
- How to make input on the back end easiest and the most logical for the administrators